What to Bring to Pre-School
- A sun-safe hat that covers your child’s face, neck and ears. Wide brimmed or Legionnaires hats give your child good cover.
- A bag that the child can carry & access.
- Spare change of clothes (when involved with hands-on play based learning, your child may get a little messy!)
- Change of underwear & socks (in case of accidents)
- Please ensure everything is labelled clearly with your child’s name.
- Snack/lunch box. Please ensure your child/ren can open and close their box. Children are required to bring a healthy snack or a healthy snack and lunch, depending on the length of the session. NB: Our pre-school cares for children who are at risk of anaphylaxis. Please do not include nut products in boxes. Please refer to our Nutrition and Active Play Policy.
- The children do not require a drink bottle as water is provided for the children to access at all times.
Food & Drink
- Water is provided for children to access at all times
- Children are required to bring a healthy snack, or a healthy snack and lunch, depending on the length of the session. Appropriate items are fresh fruit & vegetables, cheese, yogurt, sandwiches, wraps, pasta, rice, sushi, savoury biscuits, dried fruits, savoury muffins etc. These foods provide prolonged energy and concentration.
- Feel free to speak with the educators about the variety of food options and the amounts required.
- Treat foods such as chips, cheezels, lollies, chocolate, popcorn (choking hazard) and nuts are inappropriate foods for pre-school.
- On an occasional basis, the pre-school will provide food that has been produced through food related experiences involving children. This may include healthy choice foods and if the occasion is suitable then ‘sometimes’ foods may be made.
Our pre-school cares for children who are at risk of anaphylaxis and as such, the care and well being of all children is our priority. Therefore our staff retain the right to send certain food items home for the safety of all children at our centre. No nut or nut products should be brought to kinder. This includes muesli bars containing nut products (including almond meal); food items that may contain traces of nuts; peanut butter; nutella; products cooked in nut oils; and whole nut products.