Bush Kinder – 4 Year Old Program
In 2016 Rangeview Pre-School introduced an exciting new pilot program as part of its 4 Year Old sessions and it proved a huge success. The four-year-old groups spend every second Thursday at Yarran Dheran Nature Reserve, where the session focuses on a particular nature-based theme such as ‘minibeasts’ or ‘funghi’. The program was been developed in line with the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework to support the principles, practices and outcomes that guide the main 4 Year Old program.
Bush Kinder aims to:
- Facilitate respect and appreciation of nature through experience;
- Encourage creative play with minimal use of direct instruction, tools and manufactured resources;
- Assist in the development of risk assessment skills in a dynamic environment;
- Support kindergarten staff to integrate environmentally aware principles and nature-based play into their daily service delivery.
The program is funded through the City of Whitehorse and Rangeview’s teachers work with Whitehorse Council’s ParksWide Education Program Officer.
|9.15am - 12.45pm|
* On Thursdays, each group has a session at Bush Kinder one week and a session at Rupert Street the following week.